DeskSpace has taken to Kickstarter once again to launch their new handcrafted Solar Sun light and planetary system. Constructed using aerospace grade aluminium the lighting set is now available to back with earlybird pledges available from $69 or roughly £53 and worldwide shipping expected to take place during May 2019. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the desktop planetary system and light.
“The sun is the most beautiful and powerful force in our solar system. It represents life and brings joy into our day. We have recreated this life force with our Sun Mood Lamp. Created using Golden Calcite – prized for its mesmerising texture and clarity – to allow the light to spread within the sphere and to radiate into the room. We create each piece individually, ensuring yours is as unique as you are. We handcraft each set and polish it to perfection. Bring the sun into your home and capture a small part of that power.”
Features of the Solar Sun light include :
– We use Golden Calcite that is mined in Mexico. We choose only those mines that are sympathetic to the environment and where the material is in plentiful supply.
– Each raw gemstone is then washed to prepare for the next stage of processing.
– We use high quality diamond edge saws to cut each gemstone into smaller cubes according to the small, medium and large sizes that we offer.
– Our craftsmen now shape each cube, by hand, into a sphere using a diamond grit grinding wheel. The shape is achieved by eye and takes the work of a true experienced and dedicated craftsman.
– The spheres now go through our grading and measuring process and any that are not perfect are rejected.
– A final grinding is used to achieve a final perfect shape, before each stone is polished on a buffing wheel. The individual shine and glow of each stone is now revealed.
– We now prepare the bases using a Tungsten tipped cutting tool. We send these for anodising to achieve the Deep Space Grey colour.
– Using a special process of polishing, masking and sandblasting we are able to achieve a highly mirrored DeskSpace logo against a modern matte grey finish.